In the course of our work in setting up a web archiving program, the National Library has developed a number of manuals and guides to assist our own staff and other participants in undertaking the procedures involved. We offer access to them in case they may be of use to others.
- PANDAS 3.0 Release Notes provides introductory guidance for PANDAS users and outlines the new features and main differences between versions 2 & 3.
- PANDAS 3.0 manual (Ongoing) Contains procedures for standard users on all PANDAS 3 functionality.
- The Web Archiving Section manual details the processes and workflows that we follow in building the PANDORA Archive, includes our permission and licencing correspondence (may be of interest to other agencies who are considering setting up a selective archive).
- The Electronic cataloguing manual details our approach to cataloguing online resources.
- PANDORA Archiving Frequently Asked Questions gives information about problem solving when gathering sites through the PANDAS System.
- Links to Tools that can be of use in the gathering and QA process.
- Links to Subject Headings revision report and related Excel files for amending headings on ceased titles.
Superceded manuals (for historical reference only)
- The PANDAS 2 Quick Start Guide provides key pointers to the use of the PANDORA Digital Archiving System, and would be necessary reading for anyone considering requesting access to PANDAS for evaluation purposes (Note: this manual is superceded by the PANDAS 3 manual).
- The PANDAS 2 manual (complete) contains step by step procedures for using all of the PANDAS functionality and gives a good indication of the workflows and tasks that it supports (Note: this manual is superceded by the PANDAS 3 manual).